Job Description: Procurement Director
- Job title: Procurement Director.
- Job Type: Full-time, hybrid, flexible.
- Schedule: Monday to Friday.
- Reports to: CEO / Board of Directors.
Only the Convivial need apply!
Are you fun, energetic, ambitious and looking for an opportunity to become part of something special?
Founded in 2017, Convivia represents our CEO and founder Roy Ledgister’s vision to drive social mobility and housing equality in a fun and convivial way.
Public housing is often stigmatised, though we’re here to shift paradigms. Through our dedicated team, application of our unique Convivia Procurement Method (CPM) and Mayfair design methodology, we strive to deliver luxury homes accessible to all.
Through creative thinking and the application of our entrepreneurial model, we are able to deliver unparalleled luxury homes accessible to all, regardless of social demographic as we role out our ambitious plans around the globe.
About the role
As a group we have a well-established international procurement network and a multi-million-pound annual turnover of materials which service our wider development pipeline, and we are looking for a commercially minded and experienced individual to join our team to grow this existing infrastructure both internally and externally (with the supply of materials to select partners).
With ambitious growth targets over the next 2 years, you will be responsible for setting the business direction and developing an operational model, ensuring the commercial success of the materials arm of the Convivia Group.
Role and Responsibilities
- Development of an operational model to meet the business plan
- Creation and delivery of long-term goals and objectives.
- Creation of best-practice processes.
- Management of business process outsourcing activities.
- Selection and management of procurement systems.
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Understanding of impact of fluctuating input-costs and awareness of macro-economic factors
- Development and management of a procurement team responsible for sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities.
- Managing the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training development.
- Identifying potential suppliers of goods or services who can meet specific needs or provide new opportunities for growth.
- Developing and managing long-term relationships with suppliers to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality products or services.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers who can provide products or services at a reasonable price.
- Reviewing purchase orders for accuracy and approving payment for goods or services received.
- Reviewing and auditing supplier invoices for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Management of logistics infrastructure, including new supplier relationships, costs, and operations.
- Establishing an inventory management system to track goods as they are purchased and delivered to the company.
- Preparing cashflows, budgets, estimating costs, and negotiating prices and payment terms with both UK and international suppliers.
- Managing cashflow within the business to facilitate operations whilst securing favourable payment terms.
- Create a robust onboarding process for clients and set up interest-free credit facilities where applicable.
- Building a procurement centre of excellence to support broader transformation of the value chain across the business.
Skills and Experience
- Strong leadership skills.
- Solid operational management and business skills.
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc.
- Industry knowledge in terms of broad industry dynamics on the buy-side (and the sell-side).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to “sell” procurement’s value and to run procurement as a services business.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems.
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk.
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset, but also creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches.
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Foreign travel
- Flexible schedule
- Sick pay
• Applicants must have a permit to work in the UK.
• We will also require your most recent CV.